Striving to be our Best
When the founders, over two decades ago, decided to create this association, they had no idea how big this would become. Only that it would be built on solid principles and a great vision.
LWF Minor Baseball will provide an affordable, enjoyable learning environment that promotes personal and skill development. Our organization will give every athlete the opportunity to learn the importance of teamwork, the virtues of character, and the respect for authority. We will provide learning opportunities for our volunteer coaches and umpires and develop their skills through certification.
LWF Minor Baseball believes organized baseball is more than the bats, balls, gloves and uniforms. We will provide the opportunity for all athletes to learn, play and enjoy their baseball experience regardless of their skill level, age, gender, disability or financial situation. We will always strive for the following;
- To encourage, aid, and support acquisition of facilities and means for the playing of baseball.
- Teach a sense of fair and honest competition.
- Promote and celebrate the absolute highest ideals of fair play, good sportsmanship, respect and personal growth.
- Teach and promote physical, mental, and moral development.
- To encourage quality coaching at all levels providing the correct fundamentals of baseball, keys to avoiding unnecessary injury, while enabling each young athlete to develop and play the game to the best of their ability.
- Improve and add to our existing baseball fields and facilities.
- Provide safe/protective equipment and environment.
- LWF Minor Baseball supports Long Term Athlete Development and we believe Baseball Canada’s National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is key to preventing unnecessary injury to our young athletes. One of our long term goals is to ensure all coaches learn, build on and instruct proper fundamentals at all levels.
Help keep our young athletes safe. Register in Baseball Canada’s NCCP program today!
Letter from the President
As President of the LWF Baseball Association, it is my goal to make every summer a memorable one for our players. This can only be achieved by the dedication and hard work of many people including our volunteers, umpires, summer students, and parents. The success of the LWF Baseball program is also largely in part from the incredible community that we live in and the local businesses that support us.
Thank you to everyone from the past, present and future for your dedication and support to make the LWF Baseball Association an organization that I am proud to be a part of.
"Little league baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets" - Yogi Berra